blue skies


© 2011 by mica d'orléans

as day swept away my memories it became harder to distinguish blue from midnight.   stark madness isn't what it was... it was just that reality lost its charm.  Now things are in vivid colors, too bright for my imagination, so much so that it is only dark blue nights i crave.

how many years was it that had passed?  does it matter?  they are no longer relevant to my current state.  strangers look.  though it never works, i try to ignore them.  there was a tall soft-eyed man with even softer curls for hair who walked up to me with a smile. innocent i am sure, but untrustworthy nonetheless. when i turned to leave the brooklyn bound car, he grabbed my wrist and asked in a clear deep voice if i had forgotten him so quickly.  i never forget a face, i responded, then pulled away my hand.

things like that happen often.   i seem to draw the past within my boundaries.   things i wish to forget, that is.   anyhow, as i was saying, it has even become harder to distinguish the blue sky that separates the midnight clouds... 10.29.2009

Popular Posts