fujifilm x-e1

how long has it been? it's been a long boring journey. anyhow, i have come back to life all because of my new toy... thanks to two beautiful selfless souls i finally am now the proud parent of a real camera! not one of those over-sized over-priced clunkers of plastic they call dslrs, but a beautiful old-school-type fujifilm x-e1 camera from bhphoto (they recently ended  kit sale with the excellent fuji 18-55 lens). oh my overjoyed heart! it is unbelievable the way all other digital images are blown away by this gem. holding it, looking through its viewfinder (or even live view for that matter), i get tingly like i did holding my old leica m4 or nikon f2, and i once again feel the excitement of shooting with my ca-me-ra.

here are some samples i took of random things at my place. the images haven't been tampered, auto-shop'd anything.  mind you, these are just straight out of the camera jpegs, but take a closer look at the detail shown in highlight and shadow areas and how beautifully accurate colors are rendered and how soft the out of focus blurred spots are and and...









Popular Posts